Planning on updating your school's website so that even staff can edit it?
Web Design and Hosting for Schools:
Many schools are looking to have staff maintain their website to reduce costs. Content Management Systems are a perfect solution way to remove the web maintenance costs.
Bayside Solutions can get your school site up on the beating track and provide you with all the training you need. You will be happily editing your site within the first hour of logging in. All websites come delivered with links to online training videos to assist you in the editing of your site.
Earn Money for your School:
We can set up advertsing areas on your school website. You can earn money per click on what ever sort of advertising you choose and/or if you already have sponsors for your school and would like to advertise on your site for them, this can all be included in the package. Reports can be generated from the school website to show page impressions and clicks made to the advertisements for each of your client advertisers that is set up. Using GoogleAds or any other script based clicking is also possible. Just ask.
Bayside Solutions has provided training sessions to groups and individuals to speed up the understanding of how their website can function and to assist in them quickly getting to know how to edit their website with confidence. Even the least computer savy staff members can update a website using the content management systems we provide.
Bayside Solutions has worked with schools to upgrade their existing websites, provide faster, more secure hosting and train staff on a one to one or group basis.
Keep your School's website up to date for the following reasons:
- Maintain a strong presence on the internet
- To attract new students to your school
- To inform students, teachers and parents about the current events occuring in the school
- To push toward newsletter and other document distribution via the internet, reducing printing costs
- Provide online school calanders, event booking systems, wikis and other important communicative elements for the school
- Provide an advertising medium for your sponsors or to earn money per click to raise funds for the school
Schools quite often require nominated volunteers to update their website. With most of the available volunteers having very little webdesign experience, our content management systems ( CMS ) are easy to use and enable more than one user to update your website at any one time. Furthermore, you will require no extra tools other than a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Netscape or Safari) to do so. No more developers and no more web development tools, means no further development costs. Once delivered, it is your internet site to edit and update as you please with no ongoing costs other than your hosting and domain costs with your provider (which could be us if you so choose).
Optional e-Learning Websites:
We can turn your Joomla site into a learning portal. The demand for teachers to provide an electronic learning portal for their students is rapidly increasing around the world. Bayside Solutions now offer a complete Learning Management System for your website.
Using a licensed management system, JoomlaLMS, we can install and a complete learning system to suit your needs. JoomlaLMS is used by thousands of schools and companies around the world and continues to grow.
Some features of JoomlaLMS:
If you would like to have your existing Joomla website or a new website made to incorporate Learning Management System, contact us in regards to licensing costs.
- Advanced User Management. Self-registration and enrollment options. Customizable user profiles using standalone Joomla components. support of CSV format to upload the users lists.
- Different user roles. Different levels for administrators and Front-End users. Navigation menu can be easily customized for different user roles.
- Payment features. Change course pricing at any time; Choose currency; Different payment gateways; Automatic payment status validation; Payment statistics.
- Quiz module. Create advanced quizzes with many advanced options. Track the quiz results; Pick the questions from the Questions Pool for any quiz.
- Integrated Live Conferencing with Collaboration Whiteboard. Recording and later viewing of the live events.
- Adherence to standards. JoomlaLMS supports the latest e-learning standards such as SCORM, etc.
- Flexible Course Management. Import and export your courses; Publish Courses for any period; Configure tools for each Course; Grant teacher role for any selected user for specified Course.
- Courses Subscriptions. Earn money from your e-learning project. JoomlaLMS supports paid courses and uses different types of subscriptions.
- Online help and tutorials. Permanently updated help and video tutorials that will save your time & effort.
- Reporting and tracking system. Activity reports for each student are available with graphs and details about each module.
- Learning Path. Powerful and customizable native learning paths with all kind of embedded media and built-in Quizzes. Import SCORM packages or any existing Course material.
- Certification programs. Teachers can create customizable certificates/diplomas for students of the course. Grant certificates by completion of the Course or completion of the built-in Quizzes.
- Multiple Instructors per Course. Any number of instructors can teach a course which provides more convenient course management and added flexibility.
- Student/Teacher toggle modes. Instructors can toggle to the student view enabling them to see Course material from the learner’s perspective.
- Documents tool. Upload and publish any type of documents; use uploaded documents as Learning Path Steps. Shared Document Library to manage the documents bank.
- Groupware tools such as discussion forum, chat, etc.